Pages

Wednesday 12 June 2013

Compare: Rodial Brazilian Tan in light/St Tropez Everyday Body Moisturiser in Medium Dark


Both these fake tans came free with Elle Magazine, the one with the free Rodial tan is on sale now and I got the St Tropez one last year but haven't  had a chance to use it till now.

I'll start off with the Rodial Brazilian Tan. 
As an Elle subscriber I was disappointed when the Light version came through my post as having quite tan skin I thought it wouldn't show up. How wrong was I...
I exfoliated beforehand and applied this with my hands. As a relatively unexperienced self tanner I wasn't 100% sure if I was doing it right but I seemed to have got an even spread of the gel and I was pleasantly surprised by the coconutty smell.
However when I woke up the next morning, I had a massive streaky line down one leg, a dark mark on one knee and streaks on my foot... Where the tan did work it was a lovely colour, however I definitely won't be using this again after this disaster. 
Not only was the coverage uneven but I couldn't stand the dreaded biscuity smell. 
On the plus side it does have good staying power as there's still a very faint line and I applied this on Saturday and have exfoliated and been swimming since. 
The full size retails for £35 which I can safely say I will not be purchasing, however for anyone who can perhaps apply their tan better than me and can bear the smell the next day, here's the link to the tan at the reduced price of £25.





Onto the St Tropez Gradual Tan
I applied this again after exfoliating and although it didn't have to nice coconut smell the Rodial initially had, it applied nicely and sunk into the skin well. The next day I was pleasantly surprised, my legs were slightly more tan and more importantly, they didn't smell of biscuits!
The tan promises to reduce the 'tell tale self tan aroma by 70%' but I can assure you that I really couldn't smell it at all. I only applied this once as it hasn't been that sunny and I've been holed up inside revising but I will definitely be using this the week before I go away!
All in all I'd recommend this self tan, especially as it's 1/3 off at Boots at the moment and is only £9.59! If I wasn't so poor at the moment I'd definitely be repurchasing!




Overall: St Tropez is the clear winner!
For a self tan newbie like me who's pretty satisfied with the their skin colour, the Everyday Body Moisturiser is a fail safe way of getting that extra colour!


No comments:

Post a Comment