Pages

Monday 17 June 2013

Waterproof Eyes Test


I conducted a highly scientific experiment using Rimmel 100% Waterproof Mascara which is on sale for £2.50 at Fragrance Direct which you're probably sick of hearing about down from £5.29 which is still quite reasonable at Superdrug if you prefer not to buy online, and Miss Sporty Pump Up 24H Booster Eye Liner in Waterproof which I can't find online but I bought it recently in Boots for under £3. I usually avoid buying from brands like Miss Sporty, Collection 2000 etc because I always think that for that price they're not going to work which isn't true for the majority of them and I prefer to have nicer brands in my makeup bag which is really shameful and snobby of me!
Anyway, I put these on different eyes after removing all my other makeup and any traces of my non waterproof mascara which I'd been wearing and got into the shower to wash my hair and I was so impressed. I got out the shower and neither had even smudged under my eyes and I feel so much more confident about wearing these on the beach without having black running down my face!




I've only tried the waterproof mascara for that brief period of time and yes, it's not the best mascara and I knew that when I splashed (get it) a massive £2.50 on it and the fact that it's name is not Millionize Billionize Trillionize Waterproof mascara but 100% Waterproof Mascara seemed to suggest that it's main pro is that it's waterproof. The mascara claims to lengthen and build lashes but when I put it on it obviously wasn't the best mascara I'd ever used but it does the job and I'd definitely recommend it for a waterproof mascara but probably not an everyday use!

I wore the Miss Sporty liquid eyeliner for a day and application is so easy because it's sponge tip rather than a brush which I will definitely look out for when buying another liquid eyeliner because they're so much better to use. However, although it dries really glossy and black, by the end of the day some of it had flaked off so I wouldn't recommend this for all day use, probably more evenings and going out, however for under £3 it's an easy eyeliner that is waterproof!




2 comments:

  1. I would love to try these, I'm always looking for good waterproof products :)

    I invite you to have a look at a new section on my blog: Shop My Closet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sound like great products!

    sophie-said.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete