Pages

Thursday 13 June 2013

Fragrance Direct Haul Part 1


I was so excited for this to come through the post today! This lot came to about £17.50 including postage and I found a code for about 90p discount (every little helps right) so an absolute bargain compared to what it would cost in stores!
I've been looking for a new foundation for aaages. I've been using Rimmel's match perfection in 200 'soft beige' for a while but it's not amazing for my skin which can be very dry. I tried my sister's MAC studio something foundation the other day and it was so much better and it reminded me that I could actually get a better foundation for my skin than keep using one I don't like! I was contemplating going back to the fit me Maybelline one but then I came across the bargains on fragrance direct on a few blogs so couldn't resist!
I'm gonna split this up into a few posts so I can be thorough on my reviews!


1.
Rimmel match perfection cream gel foundation in 201 classic beige
I used to use this foundation a while back and then they redid the match perfection range and there was a round powdery compact for a while and now there's a square one but not this cream gel! I'm not sure if it's been discontinued or what but Boots don't seem to sell it anymore which is a shame.
It's a really unique texture which I haven't found in any other foundation, it sort of feels cold when you put it on but it's really light and it's not a foundation for full coverage which I like because my skins relatively clear. I don't have a good enough camera to give you any swatches but this shades a medium colour with a pinky undertone which isn't ideal for me and it's why I would have preferred soft beige which has a warmer undertone.
The packaging is quite heavy as it's a little glass pot which looks cute but it quite annoying to take anywhere. 
Overall: so glad I rediscovered this! Even not in my ideal shade I'll definitely be using this regularly!
It's £3.99 at fragrance direct and they've got a few shades available

2.
Maybelline dream creamy in 48 sun beige
I've never seen this compact before, its definitely not available from Boots or Tesco's anymore so assume it's been discontinued at least in the UK and it seems to have been launched in the beginning of 2010 so didn't last long unfortunately. I was contemplating not getting this after finding the Rimmel one but it drew me in when it said it's ideal for dry skins types and keeps skin hydrated...ideal for me. I find it really hard to find foundation for dry skin, there's so many 'matte' options and powders but they completely highlight any problem areas and I find my skin actually looks better with nothing on.
This is a really sheer light coverage which I actually prefer but it seems quite a lot of people don't but when I tried it on I found it quite easy to add another layer on and build up the coverage. I'm honestly so glad I bought this and where the Rimmel foundation above leaves your face feeling quite cold and dewy (hard to explain), this dries but doesn't feel drying...this is perfect for my holiday where I don't want foundation dripping down my face!
It comes with a little sponge which is nice but I wish the bottom part with the foundation was flip up rather than screw and a mirror would be nice but I'm not complaining!
Overall: I can't recommend this enough for anyone with dry skin!
AND IT'S ONLY £2.99! Only a few shades available unfortunately

No comments:

Post a Comment