Pages

Monday 17 June 2013

Monday Steals #1


I've decided that every monday I'm going to go through my sister's/my mum's make up drawers and see if there's any products which catch my attention. Basically I'm justifying my stealing of all their good makeup.

I've been looking for a lipstick that flatters my skin tone for aaages. I really don't think I suit a red lip which is really annoying because I probably should on paper and I don't suit a nude lip and I can't pull off a barbie pink. To add to this long list of no's I hate shimmery lipsticks and I hate glossy lip sticks and all lip gloss...basically I never wear lip products because I never think they suit me.

However...I remembered that when I was younger I really wanted to try a red lipstick but all my mum had was this dark red/brown colour that I hated from MAC. Well, I digged that out today and omgaksfglg I LOVE IT. It's a colour that I actually think suits me and I can actually wear this out without being self conscious that everyone's thinking 'wtf does she look like?'


It's MAC Viva Glam III, launched in 2000 and still selling on their website today, it's described as a 'foxy brown plum' which is probably about right. It looks more plum colour swatched on my hand than on my lips but it's honestly a revelation for me because I always want to wear a Nicki Minaj pink that doesn't suit me at all!


Buy it for £14.00 here which is a really reasonable price I think. I always expect MAC to be really really expensive and it always surprises me when it's a lot lower than brands like Clarins/Clinique etc because their make up's reallly really nice and their colours are bang on trend. I see it as the next step up from brands such as Max Factor and Bourjois.


I do find MAC lipsticks quite dry to wear but this colour's not at all chalky and is has a really nice matte finish to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment