Pages

Monday 17 June 2013

Holiday Essentials


I'm going away in 2 weeks and I've been buying quite a few new products recently with this in mind and I sorted out all my makeup and rediscovered some gems.



Firstly...face makeup
I reviewed Maybelline Dream Creamy foundation recently here so won't bore you again with that and the little pot is a bit of Sleek's illuminator decanted which I reviewed here

I recently bought Bourjois Paris Bronzing Primer which I bought for £6.99 at Boots when it first came out (and I used my Boots points so it was essentially free!) but it's back up to £9.99 now online here. I've only used this once because it's quite a small pot and I'm saving it for going away but its a really innovative product and I love it! Some have said it's a dupe for Chanel Bronze Universel but I can't really comment on that since I don't have the money for Chanel makeup! As someone who can't get on with bronzer's and prefers blushers, I love this as an all over primer either on its own or with foundation over the top. Well worth the £10 even though it's quite a small pot and I love the mousse texture of it!

For blush I'm using Rimmel's 3 in 1 powder blush in, ironically, 004 Winter Glow. I was using Paul & Joe face colour in 11 which is a shimmery pink but I've really gone off shimmer on my face recently. This blush is matte and there's really nothing to complain about but I'm thinking of picking up a blusher in more summery colours before I go away. Not sure if these are available anymore, they're not on Boots or Superdrug online but there's plenty of dupes around and Rimmel have Match Perfection blushers in blendable shades.

For a concealer I'm using MAC Select Moisture Cover in NC30. I LOVED this when I picked this up using birthday vouchers but I'm beginning to go off it as it's a bit orange for me and possibly a bit too dark. I love the formula but I'd definitely see about getting a different colour when repurchasing. Buy it at MAC here although I'd suggest going into a store unless you know your colour.




Secondly...eyes
I've rediscovered Bare Minerals Glimmer in Celestine which I stole off my mum a while back and it's the nicest shimmery eyeshadow I've seen! It's described as a 'light pewter' but it's a really hard colour to describe, I wish I had a good enough camera to show you swatches! It's kind off a nude pinky shimmer. It can also be worn wet which looks equally good! It's £10.82 here but well worth it as it'll last ages!
Own blog post coming up!

Pixi Triple Eye Colour in Hipolita which is a white shimmer, silver shimmer and darker grey shimmer eyeshadow set and is basically a really useful palette for eyes. It's a pretty average palette but the colours are nice. I can't find this online but it's probably available on ebay.




Benefit Miss Popularity precision highlighter is one of my favourite things for the inside corners of my eyes (and I love the name haha). Weirdly my grandma gave this to me as obviously she had no use for a shimmery eyeshadow. It's a nice product but I wouldn't use this on my face and I probably won't repurchase as you can get cheaper white shimmer eyeshadows. You can get it for around £6.50 on ebay but Benefit don't sell it anymore.




For a waterproof eyeliner I'll be using my favourite eyeliner ever, Benefit's BADgal black eyeliner. It's the absolute best creamiest eyeliner ever and stays on and black all day! It's £15 but it's so much better than any high street or top brands and I'm nearly finished so will definitely repurchase. Buy it here.

I've already reviewed Miss Sporty and Rimmel's waterproof eyeliner/mascara previously. 

I'll also be taking Sleek Lash Out Mascara for my bottom lashes and Primark's Lashful Mascara which I wish they still sold! I love the curved wand and I miss Primark makeup :( I picked up Sleek's mascara in Poundland and I wouldn't recommend it but I only use it for bottom lashes.



I'll also be taking a sachet of L'Oreal Extraordinary Oil and an Aussie Hair Mask to pamper my hair midway through my 3 weeks and Garnier's Moisture Match in Goodbye Dry which is £5.99 here but buy 1 get one free at Boots! I honestly love this moisturiser and thoroughly recommend it!

That's it for holiday skin! Please comment for further reviews or any questions!



No comments:

Post a Comment