Pages

Monday 17 June 2013

Fragrance Direct Haul Part 2


3. 
Constance Carroll silk finishing powder in 3 beige
I mentioned before that I don't really like powders but I chucked this in last minute as it was only 99p and I got sucked in by the name 'silk finishing powder'...
It's a very sheer powder, I can't really see how any of the shades would be different as it's basically a translucent powder. The back says to apply generously over a makeup base or on it's own but I'll definitely be using it over make up as it does give a silky feel to the face, not sure how much it's actually doing though. It comes with a sponge which is a bit annoying and the duster sort of lid makes it quite hard to get much out, think I might ditch the sponge and go for a brush. It also says UVA and UVB sunscreen but doesn't mention or give an SPF so not sure about that...
Overall: I won't be rushing to try anything else from Constance Carroll but for 99p this is definitely a good buy and you do a get a lot of product

4. 
Sleek glisten me liquid illuminator in goddess
This was a last minute addition after debating over it (meant to be saving money here!) as I wanted to try an illuminator.
This is a bronzy colour which is nice for warmer skin tones like mine. I'm reaaally unexperienced with illuminators, I'm never sure if I look glowing or like I've thrown glitter down my face... I tried this out today and I quite liked it from what I could see but I'm planning to practice a bit more. I think this will be perfect for holiday when I get a tan and want to look glowy and fresh.
The bottles really nice, it's a frosted glass pot with a spatula so it's really easy to get the product out. I think I'm gonna have to decant this for holiday and it is quite heavy though and there's 30ml of product which is really good value but way too much for a holiday
They only have goddess left on the website unfortunately.
Overall: a bargain at £2.99 for an illuminator and I'd recommend this for medium/dark skin tones with warm undertones

5.
Rimmel lasting finish lipstick in 250 birthday suit
I've wanted to try a nude lipstick but didn't wanna pay like £6 for one incase it didn't suit me. This was a bargain at 99p. It's slightly shimmery which I didn't realise when I bought it. I've tried the Kate Moss Rimmel lipsticks and I really like them so I knew I'd like the formula which isn't drying like I find the Mac ones. Unfortunately this colour really doesn't suit me...it makes me look so washed out and just like the colour's drained from my lips. I probably won't ever wear this which is annoying but I'm glad it only cost 99p!
Overall: love the formula of Rimmel lipsticks but this shade just isn't for me



I haven't tried out the Essie varnish yet or the mascara so I'll save them for another post...

No comments:

Post a Comment